Sometimes, saying yes is tough. The motivation isn't always there, especially when the warm sun in scarce and the endorphins are low.
My intention was to clear our traditional looking mantel decor in exchange for something more fitting to our home and family. Since we love to hang our son's art all over the house I thought it would be cool to set up a bunch of empty canvases on the mantel and let him have at it when ever he was in the mood.
before:
Inspirations:
(internet search photos)
It was a good idea, but realistically large blank canvases in quantity aren't exactly a frugal girl's idea of good stewardship. So, in brainstorming for a better plan I remembered that I purchased way too much wood backing for a framing project I did this summer
...I could measure out the leftover sheets and cut them into the exact shapes and sizes I wanted. FOR FREE!
but it is winter here
and although I love any project that requires the use of a power saw, cutting indoors would surely prove to be a challenge
and what about that dusty wood shaving mess
and saving the time might just be worth the money after all...
Can you hear that infamous "no" rolling down the tracks?
Can you hear that infamous "no" rolling down the tracks?
Well, despite my habitual internal naysaying I gathered up my materials,
decided on sizes, measured, marked, and cut.
decided on sizes, measured, marked, and cut.
I even primed and painted each art surface a solid color so they would be all ready to go!
I pieced them onto the mantel and ta-da! Free decor, free art canvases, free fun for all!
The rewards of this YES are certainly worth the time and effort.
After:
After:
What project are you turning your no into a YES for, today?






I love how your mantel turned out. I am almost feeling like trying something like that for myself now. The plan for today is to do something about my mantel, so we'll see what happends.
ReplyDeleteHi, come by my blog today and check out how my mantel ended up looking after seeing yours. My husband thought it looked awesome except for the kids artwork..., but I love it.
ReplyDeleteut影音視訊聊聊天室-午夜聊天室
ReplyDelete小可愛免費視訊-一對一性聊天室
視訊美女聊天-美女秀場裸聊直播間
聊天交友-美女視頻直播秀房間
交友app-台灣免費視頻裸聊室
交友網站-在線視頻語音聊天室
live 173 視訊聊天-主播免費祼聊聊天室
173視訊聊天交友網-台灣美女聊天室
live 173影音live秀-日本一對一視訊聊天室
網路聊天交友-免費同城交友聊天室