Before I share my latest couponing experience I want to invite you to:
My first ever fabulous giveaway, this coming Monday, April 18th!!!!
On to the couponing:
On to the couponing:
I was just about to tout my failure of being off my goal by 5% savings this week when I realized that this is indeed a YES place, and there will be no such whining around here! :)
My success this week comes in the form of time. Setting things up for the first time last week was consuming; seeking, combing, clipping, ordering, signing up for and facebook "liking" every brand I use and don't use... then choosing a store, devising a plan, writing it all down with zero certainty ANY of it would actually pan out.
When I posted that I was sweating a little at the check out last week, I was NOT kidding!
This week, I sat with my coupons, flyers, circulars, and my preferred websites on my laptop. I printed and clipped with a little more confidence. It only took me about two hours total, including the three minutes it took me to come up with this quick makeshift organizer for leftover coupons I needed to tote to the store with me.
(simple and free to create)
I went back to the first grocery store where I originally saved 27% on accident. As I mentioned before it is a little more pricey than most grocery stores in our area. None-the-less, I was able to save quite a bit!
This is what I bought:
Total cost before coupons and discounts: $208.80
Total bill after coupons and discounts: - 114.07
A savings of: 94.73
That's a 45% savings!!!
Total coupon savings in two weeks: $149.10
Current average of 49% off before coupon totals.
As night and day as my husband and I can be on frugality, he surprised me last night with his enthusiasm around unloading these groceries, taking in all the purchases and savings, and setting it all up for a photograph.
This is becoming quite the family affair!
This is becoming quite the family affair!
Remember: GREAT GIVEAWAY ON MONDAY! :)


That is so cool. I always have a goal of spending less than $90 a week and most of the time I do. We'll see however in a few weeks when I am finally out of diapers.
ReplyDeleteOkay...I am coming back and reading more...I have been convicted! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh Lora - this is so funny. I just spent 5 hours of my day today in a "coupon class" learnig from a lady who feeds a family of 5 for $250 a month. I am all in a coupon frenzy now!
ReplyDeletehooray for saving! i love couponing;)
ReplyDeleteWow...so awesome. And exciting about your foreign exchange student. Sounds like life is full and exciting for you!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Pamela
I'm so pumped I just read this post. I'm glad someone else is excited about saving a little over 50% with coupons. I try so hard to save, I'm a college kid buying some of the groceries for my family to help out and it is just disgusting to see people clear the shelves just because they have a free coupon and want to save 98% on their groceries. Extreme Couponing is a real slap in the face to those of us who are just working really hard to save as much as we can on the stuff our families can USE. I will give you a YES to saving 50% or a little more on our groceries! and a YES to using reusable grocery bags!
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteshowlive平台-國外免費開放聊天室
ShowLive影音聊天網-免費裸體美女聊天室
showlive影音視訊聊天網-色情美女視頻聊天網站
showlive-美女裸體免費聊天網站
live173影音live秀-免費視訊-免費女主播聊天室
live173影音視訊live秀-Q臺妹-真人摳逼裸聊
live173影音live秀-國外免費開放裸聊室
免費交友軟體-秀色裸聊秀場
live173 視訊美女-免費進入裸聊室
live173視訊影音live秀-免費夫妻視頻真人秀