3.04.2011

A Humble Yes

I have never gotten a blogger award before, so I was very honored yesterday when I was graciously awarded two awards for two of my blogs, both on my Birthday!! 

Thank you so much to Marianne, @ Pieces of My Mind for choosing a yes place for this award. You have been a blessing to me these past few weeks as I've lifted off on the mission to say YES to my life. I love and appreciate your evolvement and encouragement!

As part of the honor of accepting this award you are asked to pay it forward by:

1. Thanking and linking back to the person giving you the award.
2. Sharing 7 things about yourself.
3. Passing this award on to another blogger who you think is fantastic!
4. Contacting that blogger and blessing them with it.

So, who is the fantastic blogger I am going to chose for this award? 

None other than, my good friend Emily, @ This Family Squish. This fun blog features Emily's awesome photography presenting her family life and activities, including her and her husband's two biological sons and the international adoption journey that led to the completion of their family of three adorable boys. 
I've always enjoyed having a sneak peek into the life of this witty but candid Mama who takes a no holds barred approach to letting all know that this mama stuff ain't anyone's cake walk! 
Not that I'm worthy of passing out awards, but congratulations Emily. You deserve it!


Seven Things About Me (aside from the obvious):

1. I am a natural blonde. However, my color is NOT pretty enough to wear, so I say YES to brunet from a box.

2. I L.O.V.E. to fish. And I don't know why I don't do it more often. It is one of my favorite things to do. It's high on my YES-list as soon as the waters thaw!

3. I prefer yard work to house work. There is nothing like taking my leaf blower, wheel barrow and chain saw out to the woods on my property and spending a day clearing and burning. 

4. I am OBSESSED with card games. Rummy 500, Canasta, and Hand Over Foot are my top three favorite.

5. I do NOT work out. At all. No change of pace YES-ing about it either. I don't like to run to my car in the rain. I have unsubstantiated theories as to why and I'm not afraid to use them. In fact, I revel in them. ;)

6. I live in hoodies. I'm embarrassed by the number of them I own. I'm even more embarrassed that most of them come from the "teen" outlet Aeorpostale. What can I say? They have the best ones with the best sales.  

7. I'm a germ freak, yes. ONLY when it comes to viruses though!!! I have excuses as to why I think I'm not THAT bad, but the truth is, those things that I don't do are only things I secretly wish I could do but know would put me over the top and make me certifiable.  

Thanks for reading my nerdy list of me stuff. 
And thank you the most for reading and joining in at A Yes Place.
Award worthy or not, I pray that this blog, while being a great accountability place for me, will also serve as an encouragement and inspiration for other women to say YES to life.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad I was able to present you with a reward like this. I really enjoy reading your blog.
    When I move back to Norway I would like to invite you there for the summer. I would take you out fishing at our summer house where when I last went fishing there were porpoises swimming around my boat and a couple of sea eagles soaring above. It was absolutely magical.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It was a joy to get to know you a bit more.

    Be blessed bunches,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could teach you the card game George. It's great fun!

    ReplyDelete