3.31.2011

The Purrrfect Yes

My son's in love with cats. Like, out of this world IN LOVE. 
I'm mildly allergic to them, so we've never been able to get him a real cat. 

He would rather see cats than ANY animal, so sometimes instead of the zoo we go to the area animal shelter to hang out with their cats for adoption. 


During a visit about a month ago it was brought to my attention that the shelter has a foster program for pets who can't be left in the shelter overnight alone, i.e: animals who are injured, expecting, or with with their babies. 

We took some paperwork home, talked with my husband about it and within a week were approved as a foster family and waiting for our first call! 

Yesterday, we took home a mama cat and her four three week old baby boys. They are quite the center of attention, of course. And YES, my guilt over not being able to "own" a cat is definitely in remission. ;) 


4 comments:

  1. My dad said yes to a cat when I was little even though he was very allergic. Then I got allergic and the cat got "lost". When I moved out my parents got a new cat, they just had to save the kitten their neighbor found. Well then I decided that if my dad could live with his allergies so could I. I now have my fourth cat and I have a 50 lbs dog and I am terribly allergic to both. I am however looking for a new home for the dog because my allergies for her is getting worse, but I am still good with my cat as I am a catperson. My whole family has cats so I might as well have one too.
    Your kittens are so cute and I so happy you said yes to this. These kittens will be so easy to adopt out since they are already used to kids and your son looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so cute, Lora! I bet your son is loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, Lora! I just wanted you to know that every friday, I'm going to be hosting friday findings, when all of my blogging buddies can share the things that caught their eye this week. Whether it's an old antique piece of furniture or a fun piece of jewelry, I think it would be fun to share! Feel free to check it out!

    ~With Love, Hannah

    ReplyDelete